Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Beaches of Reykjavik, Likely Part 1 of Many

Like I've mentioned before, the beach is just a short walk from my dorm, really in any direction. See:

(Click to enlargenate)

The star right there--yeah, that's me. All that blue? That's the North Atlantic Ocean, baby! This is a big deal to me, of course, because I am from Arizona, and unless California falls off (which it won't, Hollywood) we ain't gettin' any beach-front property (but can I interest you in the London Bridge?).

On the very first day I met my neighbor across the hall and we became fast friends; her name is Michelle and she'll likely show up several times on this blog. In this case, we decided that we needed to get out and get some air, so we walked up Hringbraut to the beach and just followed the path around.




Me being me, I couldn't accept that there was no path down to the actual beach and promptly dropped my things and hauled butt down the rock wall. Why not? I mean, sure, I didn't have insurance at the time (Michelle was very keen on reminding me that it "only takes one rock") and wasn't (isn't) legal... but really, why not?



After that adventure we continued to roam the coast. We weren't entirely sure where we were going, but that's half the fun!



Black sand beaches... I'm more or less in love with them, let me tell you!

In the end, we found our way safely back home. Come to find out, we traveled the coast all along that little arm to the NW of us! At the very tip is a lighthouse, which I am planning to return to one of these nights so that I might get a better view of the Northern Lights, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment